5 tips for throwing a unique NASCAR-themed party
So, your client wants to have a NASCAR-themed event. Don’t panic just yet – we’ve been there, done that. Metro Aviation hosted a customer appreciation event on December 14th, 2016, at CenterStage@Noda and asked the race fans themselves, Clarke Allen Events (us, duh), to assist with the NASCAR production. Metro Aviation is well-known for having the best conference events, and this year they wanted to take it to the next level – so we did.
Here’s our 5 tips for throwing a unique NASCAR-themed event!
1. Pulling into the finish line theme (see what we did there?), checkered items are a given!Whether you choose table linens, napkins, or centerpieces, you just can’t go wrong with anything checkered. Just don’t overdo it, of course.
2. You can’t have a race car themed event without an actual race car! If you have a large enough building (we did at 10,000 square feet), a full size car will really wow your clients. And because branding is everything, we had it wrapped with their logo!
3. If you aren’t able to bring the event to the racetrack, bring the racetrack to the event! It’s not as hard as you think, all you need is 3D video mapping! This technique is used by artists and advertisers alike who can add extra dimensions, optical illusions and notations of movement onto previously static objects (like a race car and a bar!). This will give you the opportunity to transform any space into a destination. We were able to use the back wall of the venue as a blank canvas, thus morphing the space throughout the night. Kudos to our friends at Event Stretch!
4. Make your grand entrance one that your guests will remember! Incorporating a race car into your event is sure to add a “WOW” factor, but a race car with the sound of roaring tires and “burning rubber” fog behind it is something your guests won’t forget! How, you ask? It’s simple, all you need is some strategically placed speakers for your sound effects and a fog machine filled with dry ice behind the car. This is a great way to move your guest from the cocktail hour to the main event, or even as an introduction of a special guest.
5. Details are key! Your guests will appreciate the amount of time and effort you put into pulling off the perfect theme. What better way to top it off than having staff members dressed up as the “pit crew”? The options are limitless! You can turn this into a photo op, an entertainment aspect, or even just a staff uniform. Whatever you do, have fun with it!
Now that you know our secrets to success, go create yourself a kick ass NASCAR themed event! If you need some roadside assistance, we are here to help! Contact us here at Clarke Allen today.
Caitlin Carroll | Creative Writer | Clarke Allen Events